Allsorts is looking for a Treasurer to join their board of trustees. Meetings take place every 6 - 8 weeks in Stroud, with occasional meetings in between time as required.
The role of the Treasurer is to maintain an overview of the organisations affairs, ensuring its financial viability and that proper financial record and procedures are maintained.
1. Overseeing, approving and presenting budgets, accounts and financial statements.
2. Ensuring that the financial resources of the organisation meet its present and future needs.
3. Ensuring that the charity has an appropriate reserves policy.
4. The preparation and presentation of financial reports to the board of trustees.
5. Ensuring that appropriate accounting procedures and controls are in place.
6. Liaising with staff and volunteers about financial matters.
7. Advising on the financial implications of the organisations strategic plans.
8. Ensuring that there is no conflict between any investment held and the aims and objects of the charity.
9. Ensuring the organisations compliance with current relevant legislation.
10. Ensuring that equipment and assets are adequately maintained and insured.
11. Ensuring that the accounts are prepared and disclosed in the form required by funders and the relevant statutory bodies, e.g. the Charity Commission.
12. Ensuring that the accounts are scrutinised in the manner required (independent examination or audit) and any recommendations are implemented.
What are they looking for?
1. Financial qualifications and experience.
Application Form, DBS Check, Informal Discussion, Interview, References required.
When: Variable times
Age requirements: Over 18
The Exchange, Brickrow, Stroud, Gloucestershire, GL5 1DF
About Allsorts (VG)
Allsorts Gloucestershire is a friendly and welcoming charity which provides support and activities for families with disabled children.
See all roles with Allsorts (VG)