• Maintaining and developing the gardens
• Grass cutting, emptying bins, weed control and leaf raking.
• Planting new trees, flowers and various plants.
• Maintenance of plant tubs baskets.
• Making sure that all garden equipment is correctly maintained and serviced.
• Seeding plants and watering them at the correct times.
• Clearing rubbish and litter away from the garden and grounds.
• Giving advice and guidance to their clients
• Deciding on which seeds to plant and which locations.
• Ensuring a safe working environment for everyone working in the garden.
As a Langley Volunteer you will receive a great volunteer support package which includes Induction training, supervision, expenses covered, ongoing support and training. You will be invited to their yearly Staff Conferences and will receive volunteer updates throughout the year.
Throughout you time volunteering with Langley you will develop new and existing skills while helping Langley House Trust to inspire their service users to win back their lives physically, emotionally and spiritually.
What are they looking for?
An interest in gardening, gardening skills, listening, good communication, commitment and a supportive attitude.
Working hours are Monday to Friday in the morning and afternoon. Volunteer expenses will be reimbursed.
When: Mornings/Afternoons, Mon-Fri
Age requirements: Over 18
The Knole, 23 Griffiths Avenue, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL51 7BE
About Langley House Trust (VG)
Langley House Trust specialises in providing at risk marginalized groups – including those in prison and for those leaving prison - with accommodation, support and rehabilitation, within a caring Christian environment. Their services are open to all, and they welcome those of other or no faith.
See all roles with Langley House Trust (VG)