Do you love nature ? Are you a good communicator ? If so, this might be just the role for you !
Westonbirt Arboretum's Learning Team engages with visitors of all ages, delivering informal hands-on learning activities during family events and community visits as well as formal learning experience with schools and colleges. Learning Volunteers engage with families and students helping them to explore and discover more about trees, the Arboretum and the natural world.
- engaging with visitors of all ages at Westonbirt's family events, inviting them to follow activity trails and take part in crafts and discovery challenges.
- supporting Learning Officers with school visits out in the collection, encouraging children to explore and getting involved with the programme activities.
- being part of a team, planning and developing ideas for family events and Learning Centre activities.
- researching and writing activities can be carried out at home or at the Arboretum.
- creating resources, making craft examples, checking family trails, and Learning Centre maintenance.
What are they looking for?
Volunteers who :
When: Mornings/Afternoons, Mon-Fri
Age requirements: Over 18
Westonbirt, The National Arboretum, Tetbury, Gloucestershire, GL8 8QS
About Westonbirt, The National Arboretum (VG)
The arboretum's mission is to 'connect people with trees to improve the quality of life.' They achieve this through the following objectives:
- To maintain develop and document the arboretum as a world-class resource for science and learning
- To provide opportunities for people of all ages and abilities to learn about trees, their cultivation and importance in our lives
- To maintain and develop the arboretum as a place for healthy, enjoyable and rewarding recreation
- To conserve the arboretum's distinctive historical landscape and heritage
- To encourage a wide and diverse community of individuals and organisations to participate in their work
See all roles with Westonbirt, The National Arboretum (VG)