They are looking for two Trustees who are as committed as they themselves are about the provision of professional counselling services and the development of the mental health workforce to support such services in Gloucestershire. These Trustees will enhance their Board and continue to develop their governance.
You will be joining GCS at a hugely exciting time, as their new strategy is underway. Your guidance and insight will help GCS lead and influence the future direction of the mental health and counselling service provision across Gloucestershire.
Joining a high functioning and effective board, you will bring a vital perspective and provide insights to the Chief Executive and also ensuring that the Senior Leadership Team is held to account for delivering the strategy.
What are they looking for?
You should have a breadth of key skills/experience, for example:
Trustee roles are not salaried but travel expenses will be paid.
When: Variable times
Age requirements: All ages
52 / 53 High Street, Stroud, Gloucestershire, GL5 1AP
About Gloucestershire Counselling Service (VG)
GCS is a Gloucestershire-based charity that provides professional counselling and training in counselling skills to the communities of Gloucestershire. Founded in 1980, we have built a strong reputation for delivering high quality clinical work that provides vital support to people through counselling, be they individual adults, couples, children and young people or in the work place, school or GP environment. We are also a training organisation and each year train over 200 candidates from introductory through to post graduate level counselling and listening skills qualifications. In addition to this, we also offer a varied programme of continuous professional development opportunities and workshops in counselling and mental health related issues.
Our Vision & Mission
Our vision is to develop and deliver high quality counselling services to improve the quality of life and to secure the best possible outcomes for individuals and local communities within Gloucestershire and the surrounding area. We will achieve this whilst operating to the highest professional standards.
The two principal aims of GCS are:
1. To provide high quality professional counselling at an affordable cost.
2. To provide professional training in counselling, in order to increase the overall capacity and availability of high quality counselling within the area.
Our Priority Outcomes for 2016
1. Our governance arrangements are fit for purpose
2. Robust leadership and management arrangements are in place to secure delivery of our priorities
3. Our counselling delivery model is offering the best possible outcomes for our clients
4. High-functioning information systems are supporting effective delivery
5. Our finance and resources are firmly secured and are generating reserves
6. Our quality assurance and performance outcomes are progressively improving
7. There is an increased positive local and national profile for GCS
See all roles with Gloucestershire Counselling Service (VG)