Do you have passion for museums and enjoy working with the general public?
In this role, you'll be working in their newly refurbished exhibitions. They want volunteers who can support their learning programme with some or all of the following tasks;
* To become gallery explainers, talking to the public about the history of the docks and local waterways, as well as about our museum objects
* To work with other volunteers to deliver interactive educational activities for children, families and the general public.
* To lead or assist with family activities at museum events
* To be ambassadors for the museum and for the learning programmes
What are they looking for?
* A desire to learn new skills
They give you full training and provide resources for delivering activities and speaking to the public through a number of training days and team meetings. You will have the support of an education coordinator as well as the other volunteers in your team. They reimburse you for all travel costs.
When: Saturday morning, Saturday afternoon, Sunday morning, Sunday afternoon
Age requirements: All ages
Llanthony Warehouse, Gloucester Docks, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, GL1 2EH
About Gloucester Waterways Museum
Housed in a warehouse at the heart of Gloucester's fine Victorian docks, Gloucester Waterways Museum tells the story of our wonderful canals and rivers.
Visitors can climb aboard historic boats, enjoy hands-on fun, watch archive films and browse galleries rich in canal heritage and stories. There's loads for all the family to explore and enjoy.
See all roles with Gloucester Waterways Museum