The Cheltenham Trust needs volunteers for 1-2 hours per week to, depending on the event and type of activities available, be responsible for be responsible for:
* Welcoming new walkers and introducing the walk and Health Walks scheme
* Handing out walker registration forms to new walkers and making a register of all those attending
* Addressing and dealing with any individual needs
* Checking walkers are fit and suitably dressed
* Introducing leaders and explaining the role of leader to the group
* Introducing the route and other need-to-know info (e.g. taking breaks)
* Highlighting hazards before and during walks
* Providing up-to-date risk assessments for routes
What are they looking for?
Volunteer Walk Leaders will:
Volunteers will receive any relevant training they may require.
When: Variable times
Age requirements: All ages
About The Cheltenham Trust (VG)
The Cheltenham Trust is dedicated to enriching the lives of residents and visitors to Cheltenham through art, culture, heritage, sport, play and performance. Their venues and services offer a hub for events, social interaction, diversity and creativity.
See all roles with The Cheltenham Trust (VG)