Sunday 18th June 2017 - The Cheltenham Challenge is a not-for-profit event which raises money for a number of charities.
It attracts around 1,500 participants and supporters, all of whom need greeting, registering, encouraging, refreshing, marshalling and supporting.
Volunteer roles include:
• Helping with signage on the different routes
• Participant registration, meet and greet
• Participant and visitor guidance
• Course marshalling during the event
• Manning water stations
The Cheltenham Challenge is a multi-terrain event offering 5k, 10k and half marathon distances, so there is something for everyone, including experienced runners, novices, juniors, families, children and walkers.
They rely on the support of volunteers to help deliver a smooth, safe and enjoyable event.
What are they looking for?
Enthusiastic people looking for a day outdoors, who would help to make this event a great success
Volunteers are needed at these time:
When: From 16/06/2018 to 17/06/2018, Monday morning, Friday afternoon, Saturday morning, Saturday afternoon, Sunday morning, Sunday afternoon, Sunday evening
Age requirements: All ages
The Racecourse, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL50 4SH
CCP exists to transform lives. Their priority is to people who have serious and immediate need, equipping them to meet the demands of an ever-evolving society. They will support and promote:
* Health and well being
* A safe and stable home life
* Learning and achievement
* Mutual respect and positive social behaviour
* Personal resilience and economic stability
* Both crisis and early help provision
* The power of volunteering to add value to their vision
See all roles with CCP