As a confident public speaker, you will be out and about giving talks about the charity and explaining what they do. Whether speaking to local clubs, associations or schools, you will ensure local people know about the vital support they provide as well as helping to increase volunteering and fundraising for the charity.
You will be expected to:
• Become familiar with the work of Home for Veterans in your local area
• Deliver engaging and motivational talks using prepared scripts as guides
• Research and book talks with organisations which welcome outside speakers at meetings
• Keep a record of approaches made and talks given, and occasionally represent the charity at local events and cheque presentations.
What are they looking for?
• Good communication skills and, in particular, confidence in public speaking.
This opportunity takes place in multiple locations, but primarily central Gloucester. Working times are flexible and can be arranged. Accessibility for wheelchairs will depend upon the location. Volunteer expenses are not reimbursed.
When: Variable times
Age requirements: Over 18
About Homes For Veterans (VG)
Homes for Veterans is an initiative of Alabare Christian Care. We provide homes for veterans across the South West and Wales who are no longer in the forces and find themselves with nowhere to go. As Community Fundraiser for Gloucestershire all funds we raise here go directly to our home in Gloucester itself, which supports up to eight veterans, for up to a year to enable them to gain vital skills and guidance.
See all roles with Homes For Veterans (VG)