Do you love working with children? In this role you'll be encouraging them to explore canals and rivers – in schools, through websites, at waterside events or in museums.
Things you'll be doing may include:
* Work with other Explorer Volunteers to deliver interactive education sessions to children mainly aged 7 – 11
* Visiting local schools or Cub Scout and Brownie venues to give talks or lead interactive sessions about the local waterway and water safety
* Leading or assisting with family activities at waterside events or at waterside museums and visitor centres
* Supporting the education team at Gloucester Waterways Museum
What are they looking for?
* They are looking for people who can volunteer flexibly and respond to school and informal group requests as required and who can commit to at least 3 or 4 days a month.
Wheelchair access, Disabled toilet available, Volunteer expenses covered, Induction for volunteers, Insurance cover in place, Training provided
When: Mornings/Afternoons, Mon-Fri
Age requirements: 16 upwards
Llanthony Warehouse, The Docks, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, GL1 2EH
About Gloucester Waterways Museum
Housed in a warehouse at the heart of Gloucester's fine Victorian docks, Gloucester Waterways Museum tells the story of our wonderful canals and rivers.
Visitors can climb aboard historic boats, enjoy hands-on fun, watch archive films and browse galleries rich in canal heritage and stories. There's loads for all the family to explore and enjoy.
See all roles with Gloucester Waterways Museum