Help a support a team who help safeguard people who lack capacity to make serious decisions for themselves!
IMCA (Independent Mental Capacity Advocacy) is a statutory form of advocacy that came into being in April 2007 as part of the Mental Capacity Act 2005. It provides safeguards for people who lack capacity to make certain serious decisions for themselves and have no one to represent them.
We are looking to recruit volunteers in an administrative capacity to support our IMCA team with responsibilities including:
• Updating and maintaining databases, using Microsoft Excel and Access
• Taking referrals, logging and tracking service user information
• Completing case closure paperwork when a case is ending
• Answering the telephone and taking messages as required
• Developing volunteer management skills to supervise other volunteers
This is an opportunity to build upon a wide range of administrative skills whilst helping to uphold the rights of vulnerable service users.
What are they looking for?
• Have confident office and IT skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Excel, Access and Outlook.
Volunteer expenses will be reimbursed.
When: Mornings/Afternoons, Mon-Fri
Age requirements: Over 18
CCP Advocacy Department, 340 High Street, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL50 3JF
CCP (County Community Projects) exists to improve the lives of children, young people, families and vulnerable adults who have multiple and complex needs. Their priority is to those who have been excluded or have excluded themselves from mainstream services.
CCP work in partnership with the person and other agencies to create a sustainable and portable package of care and support networks, which enable them to realise their aspirations and reach their full potential in life.
See all roles with CCP