Dr Jenner’s House, Museum and Garden is situated in a splendid Grade II* Georgian house and beautiful garden, nestled in the historic market town of Berkeley, Gloucestershire. The former home of renowned doctor Edward Jenner, the museum tells the story of the life of this remarkable man and his pioneering work in the development of immunology and the beginnings of the science of vaccination.
They are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to join their Collections team to help with all aspects of collection and archival management such as conservation, processing, preservation and reference. Tasks include cataloguing, research, maintaining pest traps, conservation cleaning, creating finding aids, data entry, preparing material for preservation work, photocopying and filing.
What are they looking for?
• Someone with a keen interest in heritage or eager to learn and broaden their knowledge of history.
Shift times are flexible and can be arranged to suit your availability. The museum is located in a rural area with little public transport, so having access to a car is likely to be important.
When: Any day/time
Age requirements: Over 18
The Chantry, Church Lane, Berkeley, Gloucestershire, GL13 9BN
About Dr Jenner's House, Museum and Garden (VG)
1. Commemorate Edward Jenner and to maintain The Chantry, Church Lane, Berkeley, for the housing of historical documents, objects and memorabilia associated with Edward Jenner.
2. Maintain and manage The Chantry as a centre for education with particular reference to the Science of Immunology, and for charitable purposes for the benefit of the inhabitants of the town of Berkeley and the community at large.
1. To improve the status of the museum as a major tourist venue and attract more visitors.
2. To help preserve the memory of Edward Jenner.
3. To further develop the use of the museum as an educational centre for the study of Jenner's life and scientific achievements.
4. To organise activities/exhibitions reflecting the multi-cultural nature of Jenner's legacy.
5. To develop the museum website so that 'virtual' visitors can benefit from the work of the museum.
6. To secure the future of the museum.
See all roles with Dr Jenner's House, Museum and Garden (VG)