CCP Food Share is an emergency food distribution service for people and families in times of crisis. These are generally ordinary people who suddenly find themselves facing poverty and hunger due to loss of salary, change in benefits, unexpected large bills, illness or family breakdown. The CCP Food Share scheme provides food parcels to cover the immediate crisis or to give support in the intervening period before statutory agencies can begin on-going longer term assistance.
They need volunteers to:
* Organise a team of volunteers to make this happen.
* Oversee food parcel make up and distribution.
* Oversee stock control at Cheltenham First Stop and Royal Crescent (Food Share Warehouse)
* Data Collection
* Keeping the foodshare area clean and tidy
* Making sure food is rotated by use by dates
* Assist lead Receptionist to compile staff rotas and weekly briefs.
* Help to promote the service through marketing and other relevant events.
What are they looking for?
Working times are Monday to Friday in the morning and afternoon, however the hours can vary to suit you from four hours per week to thirty seven. Volunteer expenses will be reimbursed.
When: Variable times
Age requirements: Over 18
Cheltenham First Stop, 301-305 High Street, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL50 3HW
CCP exists to transform lives. Their priority is to people who have serious and immediate need, equipping them to meet the demands of an ever-evolving society. They will support and promote:
* Health and well being
* A safe and stable home life
* Learning and achievement
* Mutual respect and positive social behaviour
* Personal resilience and economic stability
* Both crisis and early help provision
* The power of volunteering to add value to their vision
See all roles with CCP