CCP Food Share is an emergency food distribution service for people and families in times of crisis. These are generally ordinary people who suddenly find themselves facing poverty and hunger due to loss of salary, change in benefits, unexpected large bills, illness or family breakdown. The CCP Food Share scheme provides food parcels to cover the immediate crisis or to give support in the intervening period before statutory agencies can begin on-going longer term assistance.
They need volunteers to:
* Organise a team of volunteers to make this happen.
* Oversee food parcel make up and distribution.
* Oversee stock control at Cheltenham First Stop and Royal Crescent (Food Share Warehouse)
* Data Collection
* Keeping the foodshare area clean and tidy
* Making sure food is rotated by use by dates
* Assist lead Receptionist to compile staff rotas and weekly briefs.
* Help to promote the service through marketing ,and other relevant events.
What are they looking for?
Working times are Monday to Friday in the morning and afternoon, however the hours can vary to suit you from four hours per week to thirty seven. Volunteer expenses will be reimbursed.
When: Variable times
Age requirements: Over 18
Cheltenham First Stop, 301-305 High Street, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL50 3HW
CCP (Caring for Communities and People) exists to improve the lives of children, young people, families and vulnerable adults who have multiple and complex needs. Their priority is to those who have been excluded or have excluded themselves from mainstream services.
CCP work in partnership with the person and other agencies to create a sustainable and portable package of care and support networks, which enable them to realise their aspirations and reach their full potential in life.
See all roles with CCP