Purpose of the opportunity
The loans officer will be part of a team responsible for the prudent and responsible consideration of loan applications using a variety of tools and techniques. This will help them provide affordable credit to people who may otherwise access high cost loans.
Time Required: Typically 2-4 hours per week
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Deal promptly with loan requests and enquiries from members and potential new members face to face, on the telephone and via the website.
2. Assess loan applications from members and ensure systems are in place to inform members of the decision
3. Interview and assist loan applicants as required.
4. Prepare loan paperwork.
5. Follow up deferred decisions directly with the member where possible
6. Point of clarification for staff/volunteers needing clarification on loan decisions.
7. Report to the Board of Directors on a regular basis.
8. Monitor Credit Union’s loan business and make recommendations on changes to the loans and credit control policies to the Board of Directors
What are they looking for?
1. Experience of handling customer queries both by phone and face to face
Working times are flexible depending on your availability. Volunteer expenses will be reimbursed.
When: Variable times
Age requirements: Over 18
Gloucester Library, Brunswick Road, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, GL1 1HT
About Gloucestershire Credit Union
They are a co-operative which provides a range of financial services to members, especially to the financially excluded, in a well-run and stable organisation. They promote responsible financial management to mutual members and encourage members to participate in the running of the organisation.
See all roles with Gloucestershire Credit Union